So, we celebrated Isaac's 6th b-day today. It was all he ever dreamed of, I am sure. Prior to the big day we had lost all the party favors and found them again. Distributed them into individual bags (according to Isaac's discretion) and then obviously had to re-disribute them again according to Dad`s...
And then we had the pirate map to lead us to the treasure, the pinata (which was a race car although the pirate ship was available at the store, but the race car was more appealing to the young eye), and then pin the flag on the pirate ship. I even made a cake that took more than ten minutes to assemble-- not much more, obviously, but I gave it a try nonetheless. I am not big on spending hours and hours on the cake just to be decimated in less time than it takes to say 'chocolate icing'! Anyway, Isaac didn't even like the cake, so I'm glad I didn't put in too much effort.
Let's get to the pictures...and hopefully the video will work this time-- I have yet to get one to upload on this thing.
Here is the cake. Can you even tell what it is? I impressed the children, anyway. It's a pirate hat.
Here is the birthday boy. Each child got a bandana to be a true Me Hearty.
Here are two of my favorite Matey's. The daddy hearty and the chubby hearty.
And here is the birthday me hearty with the jolly roger. We made the bunk bed into the ship for the treasure hunt.
The pinata-- Spence finally got it opened. It was actually really sturdy. The priates had to work hard for their treasure.
Here is the Dinobot from grandma H. Another dream come true! A truly happy me hearty!
So, I couldn`t get the video to upload-- if anyone can help me out with that I`d be more than grateful. It`s classic, you don`t want to miss it, so I`ll email it to the family, at least...
Anyway, in another month Spence turns 8 and hopefully I`ll have the baby a little early-- it`s not that much to ask I don`t think. So, until next month, I`ll say ARRRRRGGGGGHHHHH!
No comments:
Post a Comment