I went to pick up Spence from school, leaving the younger 2 boys home sleeping off their illness. I locked the handle of the door, shut it and then realized I did not have a key to ANYTHING- the van, the house, my brain...
The school is almost a mile away so I didn't think walking was prudent at this stage of my confinement. I rang the bell in the futile hope that it would wake up Isaac, but to no avail. But, the back door just might be open! So I trudged back and found that--{hooray!!} it was! But the door into the house from the back entryway was not. I foolishly looked around for something to pick the lock with. After immersing myself in NCIS and MI-5 these past months I figured that if they can pick a lock, so can I, until I reminded myself that they are only TV shows and I was being silly.
So, I did what I knew I had to do all along-- pulled off the screen of the kitchen window, pulled over a 5 gallon bucket of something REALLY HEAVY that has been sitting on the porch since before we ever lived here and broke into my own house through the window that I will show you presently, into the kitchen sink, stepping on the bananas that were thawing out in a bag in the sink and with a big ol' belly!!! It made me feel REAL safe to know that even a pregnant woman could break into our house in less than 30 seconds in a pinch. What's the use of locking the doors in the first place??? So, here are the pictures of my belly and the window, just so you can grasp the whole of the situation. Needless to say, Dave was amazed that I even fit through the window. Through one side, I'll have you know.
No comments:
Post a Comment