5.11.2010

The Wedding, Baptism and Blessing...

So, the Atwood-McLeman wedding was FABULOUS!! My little sissy was GORGEOUS (hard to believe she had brain surgery only 5 1/2 months ago!!) and Keith looked  handsome in his kilt. For those of you who do not know, he is TRULY Scottish, with the accent and everything. He's from a far-away land called Stornoway. And that's all I'm saying about him because he is a bit hesitant to be the center of attention. We're so happy to have him as the last brother-in-law. It was cool to see all the husbands lined up for a picture, I actually got choked up over it. I love family.
So, I stole pictures from my  niece's blog, {sorry Lys}-- all the credit goes to her for these. Her blog is alysaphotography.blogspot.com.


Next, Spencer was baptized on Sunday. My first little boy---and we also blessed Emory at the same time. It was very nice. Thanks to everyone who came so far and also to both Grandmas for their amazing talks. It was a wonderful day. Spencer's cousins in Utah sent him up some Indiana Jones Lego which was, I have to admit, more exciting to him than the baptism itself. Thank you Annie, Jane and Lucy! He's been wanting that for a long time!! [We're excited to have you come visit us this summer!!]  However, we have hopes that one day in the near future he will catch on to the significance of baptism by the proper authority and all that... on the way home from the baptism I said to him that Daddy and I were sooo proud of him for choosing to get baptized and he response was something to the effect that he really didn't choose, it was just expected of him. And then Isaac asked, "What would happen if he chose NOT to get baptized?"
Now, I ask you, what would your response be? Good question, Isaac.
Emory with Grandpas Atwood and Heninger and Daddy. Grandma H made this beautiful quilt.

Naptime with grandpa. It was a tiring day...
A punch-drunk baby...
A brother's love can be a bit much sometimes...
And thanks to everyone who has given us gifts-- we have a wonderful family!!

No comments: