9.15.2010

Things and More Little Things

So, I have been incredibly inspired by a girl in the UK to crochet. She is AMAZING, BRILLIANT and CRAZY for Hooking! Check out her stuff, I'm following her blog, Attic 24. So, here are my copy cat projects.
The first thing I fell in love with was the hexagon afghan. Here's her link...
http://attic24.typepad.com/weblog/2008/11/hexagon-crochet.html 
Here's my attempt. I'm in the embryo stages, but I'm hopeful...I'm hopeful.


 I Have THREE baby blankets to squeeeeeeze in as well, and it would be of great benefit if I knew the genders of the other two... ( I promise not to tell anyone!!)
The first of my blankies is also patterned after Lucy's marvelous creations. The Zigzag baby afghan. Here is her link...
http://attic24.typepad.com/weblog/2010/03/zigzag-baby-blanket-tadah.html

Here are my beginnings....the bag full of little baby grannies. They're so colorful and a bit sparkly! I am loving them!
This is them all zigzagged together in rows. I just laid them out beside each other; they aren't sew together yet.

I am also planning to put some borders into it, white probably. But I seriously underestimated the amount of squares, since they're only 2 inches, we need to keep hooking!
And in between all this I found a glorious little surprise in Lucy's archives that I had to make and hang on Emory's car seat handle...Here's her link...
http://www.flickr.com/photos/14350517@N02/4979955201/ and here is my finished project. I promise, for all those paranoid moms out there, that I seriously fastened the buttons to avoid any choking hazards...
[Thank you for your concern]
It's not professional, by any means, but cute.
And now, my baby.

How sweet is that?? He's getting so mobile-- at least in the mid-section. He can pivot on his belly like anything!
Here are the brothers adoring and generally mauling him to no end. They can't get enough of their baby...


We are glad school's back in session, I probably already said that last post, but I think you can understand my glee. But Okes is a teensy bit bored without his 'boys' to occupy him, and so, the task falls to mommy to keep him out of the fridge, off the computer and out of the baby's room whilst he slumbers. NO easy feat.
Here he is enjoying a fruit smoothie. We call is the Glory of the Smoothie.

And so, life goes on. We are feeling back to normal. I always believe it takes a good 6 months after every baby to get back into the groove of living and we are {almost} there. I hope everyone enjoys their autumn breezes and freezes. Summer is truly gone for most of us here in Canada. And even though you in the southern-most regions are still cursing the heat, remember, Mr. Frost is forcasted to visit later this week, and no one is putting out the welcome mat for him (we're a rude bunch up here above the 49th!).
Happy Trails...

No comments: