We also hit the Calgary Zoo whilst in the city. We went with TeeJay (my sister) and her family and our newlyweds, Brandon and Mekaiah Earl (my niece). It was a good day but the favorite part, when polled, was the fake dinosaurs and the play park. Figures.
TeeJay hogging the baby!
Classic Cutie-- picking his nose. It looks like he's got both nostrils filled!
Spence looking at the little turtles in the stream.
Dave, Okes and Isaac. I loved the giraffes.
TeeJay hogging the shmubby (that's a fond term of chubby-- I know one day we'll have to stop calling him that, but not quite yet...) Notice the Canadian wildlife in the background-- we go to the zoo to see exotic and amazing animals and I take a picture of the moose.
Buddies
We accidentally walked on the trail backwards and so did not see the sign that says 'Do NOT climb on the rocks' and so we climbed for the picture. I remember about 16 years ago this was not off limits...how times change.
There is a whole new exhibit-- updated dinosaurs. They make noises and move and everything. Ockey was NOT getting any closer. He was certain they were going to eat him!
The Earls...
We went to Southern Alberta for two weeks and one day decided to take the kidlets to the river bottom. We were lucky enough to watch a train go by on the bridge, but we unlucky enough to have forgotten bugspray...we didn't last very long. It was BRUTAL!!!
A terrific angle of Mekaiah and me.
The boys found some weird green balls in the rocks. They were thrilled! I am still not quite sure what they were.
Here I am on Mekaiah's phone trying to help her dad plan the surprise birthday party for TeeJay. I'm pretty sure she had an inkling...
And below is TeeJay's apron Becky made her for her B-day. It is a genuine flour sack-- we found some in Mom's stash. There are enough for all of us and one left over...
Isn't she cute, Ladies and Gentlemen? Happy 29th TeeJay!
No comments:
Post a Comment