First, you'll all be glad to know Dave's finger is healed, but he does not have full range of motion in it anymore. It's crooked ( I pronounced that crook'd in my head, but that's not how it came out on the page).
Isaac had had a perpetual black eye for months-- I think he's permanently damaged his face-- here's a good look at the first of many this fall...
Not pretty, is it?
The boys got in the local newspaper this winter-- here is the proof.
Spence loved it!
What else? Oh, yes, the small little news that we're FINALLY buying our first house! Yep, we have graduated from the RENTER'S CLUB--Not all it's cracked up to be, as most know-- and have moved forward to the OWNER'S CLUB. Not any more elite, grant you, just infinitely more satisfying.
We move in 11 days...and I'm on the computer instead of packing, but if any of you know Dave, you'll realize that he probably has (and really does have) half the house in boxes in my living room already. I had to put a stop to it yesterday--putting it in work terms:
"Dave, if your boss asked you to work in a 3x3 space with four children for the next two weeks, what would you say to him?" I rested my case.
And so, we are moving to a little village, hamlet, outcropping of homes just south of Red Deer called Springbrook. What a delightful name, isn't it? It sounds Anne of Green Gable-ish (although she'd probably call it something like Bubbling-Waters-on-Their-Way-Brook), nevertherless, it's a lovely little place with no real stores to boast of BUT it does have an outside skating rink. Myriads of dogs (of which I only learned two days ago), and an airport. No sidewalks, no going above 30km/h, and lots of freedom for the little peeps. So, I'll post pictures next time.
Christmas was good this year. We made cookies, and a gingerbread house (which miraculously lasted 24 hours).
And got funned right out...
Santa 'hooked us up' as the boys say. We had great visits with our families. Here are some pictures to prove it.
Spence with his Pokeman cards...
THE DREAM COME TRUE for Dave-- a 24 inch hand plane. the thing wieghs 10lbs! He loves it more than me.
Isaac with his General Grievous set. He's been coveting it for MONTHS and MONTHS! And a nose strip on his nose to aid in breathing...he's the WORST nighttime stuffynoser!
Here is Ockey visiting with his newest cousin, baby Isabelle Bea. She's very sweet.And here's Ockey determined to do the 'bunny ears' on Grandpa H.
Dave and his sister, Julianne, who is having Grandbaby #10 in the next four weeks...
Emory posing and winking for the camera. He pretends to all of you that he can crawl, but has yet to prove it to us...still the inch-worm wounded-soldier moves.
Di, 'Bwyce' (as Okes calls him), Grandma H and Dave in the background.
We also made a trip to Heritage Park in Calgary. Usually, the summer months are the best, because of the rides and food, but we thought we'd try the museum...I thought is was great! Colorful and totally vintage (go figure) but even the cars couldn't compare with the candy store in June...here are the pics, because I loved it.
And so, this isn't really nearly as entertaining as my usual posts, but at least you're up to date (if you care to be) and we'll keep you posted on the move...

2 comments:
Picture of Emory 'crawling' is absolutely adorable. I could just 'mug on it!' You better post the new house. I have no idea when I will get to see it in person.
I agree. Little Ems winking at the camera is to good to be true.
Post a Comment